Keeping your house in mint condition requires you to perform regular maintenance checks. The roof of your home, as you already know, is the most important structure of your house. The entire outlook of your house depends on the condition of your roof, meaning regular roof maintenance is required.
“Due to the kind of exposure that your roof gets, it becomes mandatory for you to keep a close eye on its condition and address any problems arising before they turn into serious damages.” – Steve Lyon, Houston Home Remodeling Pros
To help you avoid significant damages and repair costs, Phoenix Roof Replacement Contractor, Jeff Guthrie has provided a list of steps you can take to extend the life of your roof.
- If you have chosen a tiled or a shingled roof, the first step is to keep a regular check on any missing or damaged tiles or shingles. If you find any, it is recommended to address and fix this problem right away to avoid further damage to the roof.
- When cleaning the asphalt shingle roof avoid using a pressure washer. A pressure washer can damage the asphalt and expose it to the harmful UV rays. This can considerably affect the life of your roof.
- Ensure the presence of a proper insulation for your attic. This will prevent a lot of heat escaping from the interior of your house and will reduce the chances of ice damage.
- Constantly check for any growth of fungus or algae on the surface of your roof. If you find any, call a professional and get rid of it fast!
- Keep sweeping! It is essential that you clear the roof of your house of any debris that can settle on the roof. While these leaves or sticks may seem little and unimportant, they can cause greater damage if left unkempt.
- Look for any untrimmed branches and take care of them right away!
- In case your roof experiences a lot of snow, it is recommended not to let heaps of snow accumulate on the surface of your roof. Use a snow rake to prevent your roof from becoming buried under a pile of snow.
- In case of a metal roof, look for the presence of rust on the surface. If you see rust appearing on the roof, use the regular homemade solutions to get rid of it before it spreads and ruins the entire area.
- Avoid clogged gutters at all costs! Clogged gutters can lead the water to ruin the condition of the roof of your home.